Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week 4 Reflection

I've taken over full time now and am really enjoying it. Before I had the Algebra II class, I taught the same thing over and over again to my 4 Algebra I classes. Now that I have the Algebra II class, it breaks up the monotony. This week was also our first early release day. The students were dismissed 3 1/2 hours early. After the students left, the teachers split up into their PLC groups. My PLC group, the math PLC, was very frustrating for me. I felt like there were a lot of conflicting opinions, which led to no solution. Hopefully there are more positive attitudes during our next meeting.
Something else that I would like to say is that I am so happy that I am in the cohort I am in. The nine of us are extremely close. We are like a "herd" walking around the school. The drive home is always a reflective time for all of us. We are able to share our frustrations, accomplishments, and ask for help. I'm very lucky to have been placed here at EFHS.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have a good intern support group. Besides making the drive home fun, it's so important for you to have that safe space to reflect and vent as needed.

    ReplyDelete