Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 8 Reflection

Week 8 at East Fairmont High went well. I continued my action research, which allows me to implement guided notes during direct instruction in my Algebra I classes. Monday and Tuesday we continued to lecture and complete the guided notes. I also collected a student survey that asked the students how they were feeling about the guided notes. Students seem to enjoy them. Common themes that I saw during the free response questions were that the guided notes were helping them during homework and that they were assisting the students in becoming more attentive and participating during the lectures. I am very pleased with the progress so far.
Also this week, my students completed Tech-Steps. Tech-Steps is a computer based assessment. The students were given three class periods to complete the assignment. The assignment is graded using a very elaborate rubric. The students worked very well during the assessment.
Dr. Benson was also able to come do an observation for me. I hated that it was while I was in the computer lab completing tech-steps. I would have preferred her be able to see a lesson where I was implementing my action research, but the observation went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment